SCANTEAK Jingle Contest 2018: Feel at Home
“Feel at Home” – The Singapore Chinese Orchestra (SCO) has teamed up with Scanteak, one of Singapore’s largest furniture chain store retailers, to organise a Jingle Contest. Do compose a jingle for Scanteak and winners will receive up to S$1,000 cash prize!
Organised by the SCO and co-organised by SCANTEAK (henceforth known as “co-organiser”), the jingle contest is opened to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents of all ages.
Registration close on 8 May 2018. You have until 15 May 2018 to submit the scores and midi. Winners will be notified by end of June, and the prize presentation ceremony shall be held on 13 July 2018.
Check out the Jingle requirement, rules and specifics below.
– Creation of jingle must be original and all compositional styles are permitted.
– The jingle should be written for between one and six performers (inclusive) and must composed for the instrumentation as listed in Annex 1.
– If jingle is only written for one instrument, it can be any of the instruments listed in Annex 1 except the Keyboard.
– Jingle must adhere to the score format, instrument list and range of SCO as specified in Annex 1. While contestants need not use all instruments of the Ensemble, they cannot add new instruments or number of musicians beyond the instrumentation list.
– Duration of jingle must be at least 15 seconds but not more than 30 seconds.
– There are only two Percussionists. One of them will play the drum set while the other percussionist will only play the paigu, tambourine, temple block, suspended cymbal, Chinese small clash cymbal and Chinese handheld gong only. If you require the percussionist to use multiple instruments, do work in time for change of instruments.
– There is only one dizi player for bangdi and qudi and given the constraints on instrumental range, composers are strongly encouraged to specify the types of dizi to be used and consider the time for changing the dizi.
– Entries must be composed individually.
Registration and Submission Requirements
All contestants must submit:
(A) Registration Form
– Complete registration form containing a recent photograph, photocopy of NRIC and passport (for PR only) clearly indicating the age and nationality of contestant
– Completed registration form can be sent via mail to:
Singapore Chinese Orchestra Co Ltd
7 Shenton Way, Singapore Conference Hall
Or by email to “email@example.com
– Each contestant shall submit one, or no more than two jingles.
– Registration deadline is 8 May 2018.
(B) Scores and Audio
– The details of scores and audio are as follows:
– The Contestant’s name, Title of Composition and Duration of Composition (minutes) should only appear on the first page and no mark of identification is permitted in the rest of the score.
– A soft copy of the score in PDF.
– MIDI audio file in mp3 format is compulsory.
– All scores, individual part scores and midi are to be sent to email “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
– Contestants will be given a written acknowledgement via email from SCO within 7 days upon receipt of submission of scores and other. Contestants are responsible for providing valid email address, and other contact details. Contestants are advised not to provide hotmail & yahoo email addresses (due to technical constraints, we are unable to receive emails sent from hotmail & yahoo accounts).
– Scores and audio file submitted will not be returned.
– Submission deadline is 15 May 2018 at 6pm. Scores and audio file received after that will not be eligible for the Contest.
– A one page biography to be sent to email email@example.com by 15 May 2018 at 6pm.
Submission of compositions on behalf of another person is not permitted.
1st prize – SGD1,000
2nd prize – SGD500
3rd prize – SGD300
– The panel of adjudicators will select all winners of the contest. The panel may decide not to award any prize if they feel that there is no entry of sufficient merit as befits the contest.
– During selection, entries will be judged anonymously based on submitted scores.
– The panel’s decision is final. No appeals will be entertained.
– Contestants acknowledge that all materials submitted may be distributed to adjudicators who are selecting the winners. Contestants will not hold the organisers or adjudicators responsible for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in the contest.
– The contest rules and regulation is available in English and Chinese. In case of any discrepancies, the English version shall be the sole determining authority.
– All contestants are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the Terms & Conditions set out in Annex 2, including but not limited to rules on the Publishing and Performance Rights of SCO and the co-organiser.
– Contestants who provide inaccurate or misleading information will be disqualified. If SCO or the co-organiser is notified that a winning work is in breach of any regulation, an investigation will be conducted. If violation of the terms and regulations are proven, the winner will be subjected to legal action, in addition SCO or the co-organiser has the rights to withdraw the award, cash prize and plaque.
– The SCO or the co-organiser reserves the right to cancel Contest if there are insufficient entries.
– The SCO or the co-organiser reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Contest, including but not limited to the right to extend any deadlines, at its discretion and without prior notice.
– By registering and entering the Contest, contestants and/ or their parents or legal guardian (If s/he is under 18 years old) agree to accept and be bounded by the decisions of organisers and its adjudicators in all matters. S/he also agrees to be bounded by these official Contest Rules and Regulations, and by any subsequent published revisions of these rules, as well as the decisions of organisers which are final.
– It is the contestant’s responsibility to check the SCO’s website at https://www.sco.com.sg/scanteak-jingle-contest-2018/ for any updated information.
Ms Lum Mun Ee / Ms Loh Mee Joon
Telephone: 65574035 / 65574043
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org