Conducting Workshop 2019
Singapore Chinese Orchestra will be running its 2019 edition of Conducting Workshop this November. This workshop is led by SCO Music Director, Tsung Yeh. This 5th run of the workshop is part of SCO’s overall talent developmental plan for the music industry.
Through the conducting workshop, we wish to further develop the participant’s conducting skills and appreciation of Chinese Orchestral and Nanyang style music. It will be a rare opportunity to work with the only professional Chinese orchestra in Singapore.
We encourage active participation from interested parties to join the workshop.
Dates: 17 to 22 November 2019
Venue: Singapore Conference Hall
- Music director will conduct the workshop and provide coaching on baton techniques, scores analysis to participants personally.
- There will be a total of 4 podium time for every active participant with 2 pianists and SCO.
- Various composers will share about composition analysis of their pieces.
- Active participants will present a repertoire on the last day of the workshop, the music director will select the most appropriate piece for each conductor.
- Each participant will be given a certificate of accomplishment.
- 《星岛掠影》A Glimpse of Singapore 顾冠仁作曲 Composed by Gu Guan Ren
- 《大宅门写意 -芦沟晓月》 The Family Legend – 赵季平作曲 Composed by Zhao Jiping
- 《挂毯∶时光飞舞》Tapestries – Time Dances – Composed by Eric James Watson
- 《姐妹岛》 (双中阮协奏) The Sisters’ Islands (Double Zhongruan Concerto) – 王辰威 作曲 Composed by Wang Chenwei
- 《狮舞弄清韵》Arise, You Lion of Glory – 冯迪伦作曲Composed by Gordon Fung Dic-Lun
- 《穿越热带雨林》Go Across the Rainforests – 孔志轩作曲
- Current Conducting Students
Applicants who are not selected may attend as observers. Limited slots are also opened to any individual who is interested in knowing more about conducting.
The workshop is free for all active participants and observers. Not restricted to nationalities; however, participant will need to bear all necessary travel expenses.
- July - Sep: Registration (Refer to SCO’s website for details)
- End of Sep: Notification of selected participants
- 17 – 22 Nov: Conducting Workshop
- Conducting workshop schedule
|17 Nov||2pm to 6pm|
|18 Nov||9am to 6pm|
|19 Nov||9am to 6pm|
|20 Nov||9am to 6pm|
|21 Nov||9am to 6pm|
|22 Nov|| 9am to 1pm
3pm to 5pm
Please fill in the registration form and upload the following documents:
- Your full curriculum vitae
- Links to recent online video of you conducting in rehearsal or performance within the past year, at least 2 standard repertoire of contrasting styles. Face-on camera angles preferred.
- A recommendation letter (if applicable)
Click HERE to register!