Musician Fellowship 2018
The fellowship aims to provide a practical orchestral experience for music undergraduate students, post-graduate students and also fresh graduates. During this 2-month programme from 28 June to 2 September 2018, fellows will be exposed to a range of repertoires and concerts in different settings.
Applications are opened for the following instruments: Erhu, Pipa, Zhongruan, Dizi, Gaoyin Sheng, Cello, Double Bass and Percussion (specializing in Chinese percussion and mallets).
To be eligible to apply, you need to be a Singapore citizen or permanent resident, currently an undergraduate or fresh graduate of a music conservatory/institution, and have not worked in full-time capacity.
During the fellowship, you will:
- Perform in allocated performances
- Attend all rehearsals scheduled by SCO
- Receive mentorship from Sectional Principal/Associate Principal and staff conductors
- Make your own arrangements with your school regarding your studies (if it coincides with the fellowship, you may have to defer your studies)
- Be required to submit a reflection report to SCO.
Fellowship allowance: $700 per month
To apply, submit the online form https://form.jotform.me/81091831959465 by 20 May 2018. You may wish to prepare the following documents to ensure a smooth submission:
– A copy of your full resume
– A personal statement on how the fellowship will help you achieve your long term aspirations (minimum 200 words)
– A recommendation letter from your instrumental mentor
– A video recording of ONE solo piece without accompaniment in the following specification:
– Work chosen must consist of different tempos and is reflective of your technique and musicality level
– There should not be a break in between the recording; there should not be any edits or effects added to the video
– Your full body and instrument must be visible
– To be submitted via online link or download link in HD (at least 720p preferably)
Successful applicants will be informed by 2 June 2018.
Ms Lim Wan Ying
Telephone: 6557 4036