We aspire to be a world renowned Chinese orchestra with a uniquely Singaporean character. Committed to inspiring Singapore and the World with our music, we regularly create superb concerts and events that captivate our audience and make an impact in the community. We would like to invite you to be part of the Singapore Chinese Orchestra (SCO) family and join us as a valued staff.
The Singapore Chinese Orchestra Company Limited would like to invite applications for the following positions:
- Possess a minimum of bachelor qualification in music performance
- Possess excellent technicality and ability in music interpretation
- Possess relevant orchestra performance experience and professional knowledge, preferably with experience in leading the Section
- Able to accurately sight-read stave scores and simplified scores
1. Applicants are asked to submit the following for consideration:
- A completed Application Form which can be downloaded here
- A copy of your full resume (including education and professional experience)
- Individual links to audio recording of two Pipa solo works (The two works must be in different musical styles. Each work should showcase high level of technical ability and musicality.)
2. Audio recordings are to fulfil the following requirements:
- Contains no accompaniment
- Has not been digitally enhanced or edited
- Contains no image or video
- Uploaded to online platform (eg. YouTube, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Weiyun Cloud) and set to unlisted if applicable.
1. Audition Date: 31 July 2023
2. Audition Components
- Performance of required choice repertoire (to be the same solo works as the audio recording submitted)
- Performance of orchestra excerpts
3. Audition Venue
- Singapore Conference Hall
- Audition will only be held in-person
Applicants whose recordings do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
All applications are to be emailed to email@example.com by 22 June 2023.
Only shortlisted application will be notified for audition and interview.